Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hair: Bangs

Bangs. 
They can either make you feel like you look like a five year old or like you are charming like
Zoey D. I can't tell you how many times that I have had bangs in my life, but almost every time, I have regretted the decision to have them about 24 hours after they are cut. Why? Naturally,, my hair is a disaster. It is neither curly, straight or wavy. Nope. It's all three, all of the time. It can be frizzy and dry and always fairly coarse and poofy. It is a treat, let me tell you. All of that aside, I had the bright idea to try out bangs again. Two months into the decision, I have yet to regret it. I think I have actually somewhat mastered having bangs. There are a few things that I have in my arsenal to assist with coaxing my delightful hair into submission. 


Tools for unruly Bangs:

  • Scissors {My hair grows faster than I care to go to a hair stylist.
  • Bobbi pins {For days that they just won't. Twist twist twist until they are up and out of the way. 
  • Curling iron {I use the lowest heat setting possible on my Conair so I don't get a hard curl. You just want to re-train your hair to lay the way you want.
  • Small to-go bag for your purse, handbag, etc. that has:
    • Bobbi pins {Sallys sells their bobbis in small handy tins, which I love.
    • Dry shampoo {Currently I prefer Oscar Blandi or home made.
    • Blotting papers {24/7 makes very nice ones that won't break your piggy bank.
    • Mirror Compact {My compact has a comb with it. It's one I have had since I was a little girl.
    • Comb
  • Blow Drier {I use my fingers to tousle my hair back and forth so that they aren't dried in a certain position. I also think that your blow-drier should be high quality. It cuts your dry time down a lot and it also won't over-dry your hair, which causes damage. I have the one I own down below.
  • Headband or duck clips {For getting them out of your face while you put on makeup, or wash your face. 

Small to-go bag
T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer


Other tricks:

  • Wash just your bangs {Takes two minutes. Blow-dry. You're done, you probably don't even need to use a curling iron on them!
  • Find the style and length of bangs that suits your face shape. If my bangs are too long, it makes my nose look even longer than usual. No one wants that.

Bangs really are easy when you know these simple things. If they refuse to behave, pin them back or twist them into a side braid. 
Be adventurous. You might stumble upon a hair style that you love more than any previous one. 

Hope you enjoyed and may all of your hair days be good ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment