Friday, July 11, 2014

Beach Bag Essentials



Happy Friday! It's practically the weekend, and we all know what that should mean, yes? Trip to the beach!!! The beach is one of my happiest places. Something about the sound of the waves and the feel of sand between my toes that pulls all the stress and tension out of me. 

Alright, I am a bit of a list nut and here is my list for beach trips. I add to it as soon as I find something that I wish I would have had on a trip. Now my lists varies depending on the type of beach I plan on going to. I frequent the Norther California beaches, so I will post that type of bag first with changes I make for different types of beaches. Enjoy!

Beach Bag

  • Sunscreen {I take two different kinds, both that are sweat & water resistant. Face and body. 
  • Earplugs {Our beaches can be very windy and the wind hurts my ears.
  • Sunglasses
  • Little baggies/jars {For beach treasures such as sand and shells.
  • Towels
  • Change of clothes {Per kid. They always end up covered in sand. How do they do that?
  • Ice chest with Water bottles and juices
  • Snacks and/or picnic {Stay tuned for beach friendly foodies
  • Fitted sheet {Great for creating a sand free(ish) zone 
  • Sandcastle equipment ~ let's be honest, the kids end up using them to bury each other {Buckets
  • Football/Frisbee/Volleyball {Usually just one
  • Camera {I take my GoPro© as it is protected against sand and water.
  • Baby powder {Believe it or not, it helps get sand off of toes.
  • Hoodie or windbreaker
  • Beach umbrella
  • Pain killer and small first aid kit
  • lip balm
  • Bandanna or beanie {To maintain my mane.
  • Facial mist {Don't leave home without it.


*Not all contents of the list are pictured here. From top left clockwise: SunX30+© Sunscreen towelettes, bareMinerals© Natural Sunscreen brush, Bliss© Body Butter in blood orange+White pepper, First aid bag, Caramance© Rose Water and Aloe facial mist, bag with GoPro© Hero3 Black Edition and other camera accessories, J&J© baby powder, some zippie bags, Banana Boat© Aloe lotion, and my Henri Bendel Prima Donna Sunnies.

Add ons:

Dog Friendly Beach: 
  • Pooh bags
  • Leashes
  • Rawhides
  • Dog sweatshirts {Our pups have super short hair and get cold easily. 
  • Water and water bowls
  • Stake {Anchor the dog's lead into the sand.


Tropical Beach:

  • Hat {I like giant floppy ones that easily can double for an umbrella.
  • Snorkel gear
  • Sun covers {Sarongs are my choice 
  • Extra camera gear {Batteries, solar charger, extra memory cards and floaty case
  • After sun aloe


Hope that was helpful! Feel free to modify this list for your needs or your type of beach. Most of this is relevant for ocean and lake beaches. Be safe, protect yourself and your family from sunburn and most of all... Shake off the week and HAVE FUN!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment